Honda Key Fob Battery Replacement
At Rudolph Honda, we know how important it is for Las Cruces, NM drivers to get on the road. Having to replace the battery on your key fob is a small inconvenience, but still a frustrating one that can throw your day for a loop. Most Honda key fobs require a flat, circular, 3-volt battery that can be found at most stores, however, our parts center in El Paso has the Honda key fob battery replacement you need. While you’re there, check out our other genuine OEM parts.
How to Change Battery in Honda Key Fob
Wondering how to open the Honda key fob? The process to open and replace your Honda key fob battery is pretty simple. Just follow the instructions below:
- Find and slide the button to release the metal key, and then slide the key out.
- Using the key or a flathead screwdriver, separate the halves of the key fob.
- Press down right above the battery to keep the halves close and ensure the contents and the external buttons don’t get lost.
- Remove the old Honda key battery and remember where the positive and negative sides are so the new battery can be replaced the same way (Note: The oils on your skin can cause corrosion and will shorten the battery life. Take care to not touch the terminals on the new battery).
- Using the positive (+) and negative (-) marks inside the key fob, insert the new Honda key battery.
- Realign the halves of the key fob and carefully apply pressure until they click back together.
Note: If the key fob is held together by a screw, simply use a small flathead screwdriver to remove the screw and follow the remaining steps above.
How to Reassemble If Honda Key Fob Falls Apart
If the contents of the key fob fall out, don’t worry, they can be replaced. If the spare key is available, use that as a guide for how the pieces should fit. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that the buttons are in the correct position.
- Between the top two buttons, place the crossbar in the empty space with the curved side facing outwards.
- Insert the battery in its place on the motherboard, taking care to align the positive and negative sides correctly.
- Place the motherboard with the rubber film against the buttons.
- Line the halves of the key fob up and carefully apply pressure until they click in place.
- Test if it was compiled correctly by standing next to the vehicle and pressing each of the buttons to ensure they respond.
If there are any questions, the service center near Alamagordo, NM is happy to help.
Learn More at Rudolph Honda
Now that you know how to change your Honda key fob battery, you may need to know how to reprogram a Honda key or how to enter your Civic radio code. Contact us at Rudolph Honda, and our service team can talk you through the process, or stop by our El Paso location to have us take care of it for you!
More from Rudolph Honda
Whether you need an extra hand on the website or are on the lookout for a spacious, reliable truck, you’ll find all that you need and much more for both work and play around Las Cruces, NM with the 2021 Honda Ridgeline. This loaded Honda truck carries amazing towing power complemented by its features and specifications under…
The 2021 Honda Odyssey continues to update this ever-popular minivan to compete in the modern El Paso market. For most minivan drivers, the interior determines everything, and the Odyssey doesn’t disappoint in this regard. Rudolph Honda has gathered information on the 2021 Honda Odyssey interior below! View Odyssey InventoryContact Us 2021 Honda Odyssey Seating and Dimensions Up…
The Honda Accord exterior is an iconic sight on Las Cruces, NM roads. But what does the 2021 Honda Accord interior offer? With a bevy of features sure to enhance your commute, the Honda Accord interior is spacious and functional. Learn more about the 2021 Honda Accord interior with Rudolph Honda and discover how to upgrade your driving…